Everything about his legendary journey in this world.

27 February 2021

Why I backpacked alone and why you should


On this day two years ago, I decided to step out of my comfort zone. I did my very first international backpacking alone. It took me to my mid-twenties to do so due to a number of reasons but mainly because I was hesitant and fearful that it could turn awry for me.  But there I was, forging memories in a foreign land.

As humans, we are designed to be social beings. We generally appreciate the joy of company and are always looking for the safe and secure feeling of being with the people we trust. The truth is that when you go on unchartered territories and in this case to a new country, you'd certainly want to spend it with people who matter to you not just because you want to share the moment with them but more importantly because you find it comfortable. 

But as they always say, what makes you comfortable does not let you grow. Well, this is very debatable and certainly a clichĆ©. But in this case, I can personally attest that it holds a lot of merits. Traveling alone can really open you to new frontiers. It will let you discover other sides of yourself that you have not taken notice of. You will embark on new experiences that you would have never done had you been with people who know you. 

While I do not discount the fact that it is still a hit or miss adventure and is certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, going solo in another country is something worth exploring and I do recommend that you try it even just once. 

So I’m telling you right now, give yourself a chance to explore things you have never done before. Travel and try to travel alone. There is so much to discover in the world beyond those boarding gates and there is way more to know within thyself especially when you take a path that you've never been before. 

Laag na!

Tips:

šŸ‘Œ Plan and travel within your budget (Ayaw pangutang para ilaag)

šŸ‘Œ Go light and seek for authentic experience (I prefer less touristy places and mga open access.)

šŸ‘Œ Meet people. (I have had many chance encounters with a lot of great people during these travels.)

 šŸ‘Œ Enjoy every moment. You are given 86,400 seconds each day. Don't let a second spoil the remaining 86,399. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment