Everything about his legendary journey in this world.

17 June 2012

Display DeepFreeze Icon on System Tray


Every now and then, I get this trouble with Deep Freeze not showing its icon on the system tray. It's a common problem faced by many, so I decided to create a short post on how to display the Deep Freeze icon. Why should you display the Deep Freeze icon? If you did not intentionally hide it, you might have troubles showing the Deep Freeze window and be able to set the computer to either thawed or freeze mode. At some point, no matter how much you will press Alt + Ctrl + Shift + F6, you will never be able to show the Deep Freeze window if the system tray icon is hidden. Here's the solution.

Display the Deep Freeze Icon

1. Open the run command by pressing Windows Key + R or navigating through Start > Run
2. On the run command, key-in the following code (include the quotation marks)
"C:\Program Files\Faronics\Deep Freeze\Install C-0\_$Df\FrzState2k.exe" 1 106917
3. Press ENTER and Viola! You will now see the Deep Freeze Icon on the System Tray
4. To access the Deep Freeze window, you can double click the icon while holding Shift or you can press Alt + Ctrl + Shift + F6. 
DeepFreeze is an easy way to secure your computer.  
Hiding the Deep Freeze Icon

Sometimes, you would love to hide the Deep Freeze icon from other users. Here is a very sleek way to do it.
1. Set your computer to Thawed Mode.
2. Locate the Deep Freeze Installation Folder. The default directory is "C:\Program Files\Faronics"
3. Rename this folder to anything. To avoid future hassle, make sure that you can remember the new name.
4. Open Deep Freeze window and set the computer to Freeze Mode.
5. Restart and Viola! The Deep Freeze System Tray icon is now hidden.

How to show the hidden icon?

Follow the same process as noted above, but change step 2.
2. On the run command, key-in the following code (include the quotation marks)
"C:\Program Files\Faronics\YOUR_DIR_NAME\Install C-0\_$Df\FrzState2k.exe" 1 106917
YOUR_DIR_NAME is the name of the Deep Freeze installation directory after you renamed it.
Note: To permanently show the System Tray Icon of Deep Freeze, revert the installation directory name to the default which is Faronics.

Are you having Problems?

If you are having problems with the instructions above, feel free to drop a comment on this post. I will get in touch with you as soon as I can.

[Deep Freeze is a registered trademarks of Faronics Corporation]

30 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good post, but I am getting problem because I can't find any file inside "Install C-0" folder in my machine (its empty), so the command given by you is not working, but DeepFreeze is working fine.

    How is it possible?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm having the same prob as "Oracle Apex Solutions". it says "it refers to a location that is unavailable. what should i do?

    hope you could help please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried the instructions above but still not getting any, i've also tried the Alt+Ctrl+F6 and nothing works. what else to do? thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try checking the installation directory of Deepfreeze. Most probably the software is installed on another drive or the default directory has been modified. On the other hand, the shortcut is ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+F6. You have forgotten the SHIFT key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not Working on me SAYS...

    Unable to load Deep Freeze configuration. Login Program will not be available.

    PLEASE HELP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you trying to show the DeepFreeze icon? Or are you trying to hide it? If the latter is the case, you have to make sure that the directory is correct. It may also help if you can use the original installer to fix issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the useful information on getting the deep freeze icon to display. it saved my bacon today. i had a computer that windows xp kept prompting to activate, an issue that had already been delt with, and was stuck in a loop. the only way to get to the desktop was to start in safe mode. whether it was because of starting in safe mode or was just messed up, there was no deep freeze icon to click on to disable deep freeze (and control-alt-shift-f6 didnt work either) so that i could deal with the activation problem. amazing, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really glad that this post was able to save your day. I was once faced by the same dilemma and it took me lots of click prior to reaching with the correct solution that's why I came up with this article. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. the icon of deep freeze is not functioning eventhough i used shift and double click, i tried also the ctrl + alt+shit+F6....but nothing happen...the password display is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Hours of frustration solved in mins...thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello guys , Please Help Me I've Got A Serious Problem I Can't Find Deep Freeze 7.00 In notification area but When I Customizing it's Always says the Icon is not Active Then I Seaech and Told that the FOLDER C:\Program Files\Faronics\Deep Freeze\Install C-0\_$Df\FrzState2k But When i open it always says Unable to load Deep Freeze configuration. Login Program will not be available.
    Please Help Really need help cause i cant Save my Downloads
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I FUCKIN LOVE YOU BRO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't work (can't display icon). After exec in cmd i got error:
    Unable to load Deep Freeze configuration. Login Program will not be available.
    Just ugly soft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ^ Solved! I change System time in BIOS, probably set time-value equal at moment when Deep Freeze has been installed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. --deeply dont forget the mark " before C. it means "C:\Program Files\Faronics............. (dont forget important the mark (") at front of C: there)

    ReplyDelete
  16. not working on me...so frustrated with this problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. not working on me...so frustrated with this problem!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date should be correctly set. At the same time, make sure that you have the right installation directory.

      Delete
    2. how can i make sure that my installation directory is correct?

      Delete
  18. run your computer into safemode and you will see what you wanna see then shift cntrl alt f6

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello im using deep freeze standard v. 8.31 and the deep freeze icon is not showing on the system tray, i tried your instructions but it did not work, please help

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't find it in my files but its the deepfreeze is working fine please i really need to save some things in my computer ToT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sir my deep freeze is on the freeze mode and I have tried options above given by you but they are not working what I do please help

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sir my deep freeze is on the freeze mode and I have tried options above given by you but they are not working what I do please help

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thid is what worked for me. After installing Windows, I install Deepfreeze before any drivers or software. HopH this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 😭i still cant really can find my deep freeze icon... Where can i find it? I tried entering those key words but still no

    ReplyDelete
  25. But still tray icon not appeared. And shows a Faronics window saying "Unable to load deep freeze configuration. Login Program will not be available" and it automatically exits after a few seconds. Please help me to go to thawed mode.[I don't know how to post here the screenshot taken.]
    My WhatsApp number: +918891666961 adhilfuad.v@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dude you just saved me 3 days' work. I was stuck in safe mode, could not switch back to normal mode because Deepfreeze somehow switched back to frozen state, shift-ctrl-alt-F6 didn't work, no icon in system tray. Your trick worked! I owe you a scotch or two.

    ReplyDelete