Everything about his legendary journey in this world.

12 August 2010

Me as a Poet?

I have been writing poems and other literary works since I was a child. I am happy for being able to express myself in a modest way. I know that words aren't enough to completely convey your thoughts but being able to write them is a great success specially that it's quite difficult to say or enact what really is in your mind. Anyways, I was just able to finish a Filipino translation of my own poem which I wrote in English before. I am quite overwhelmed with the outcome so I decided to post it here in my blog.

Ako’y Baliw Sayo

Nang una kitang makita
Alam ko nang ikaw na.
Ang babaeng aking hinahanap.
Ang babaeng sa puso koy nakatatak.

Araw ko’y hindi kumpleto
Kapag ‘di ka masulyapan kahit ‘sang minuto.
Kaya’t ginawa kong lahat
Nang maiparamdam sayo na ‘kaw sa aki’y nararapat.

Ikaw ang ibon sa‘king himpapawid.
Nagpapasigaw sa pusong sayo’y umiibig.
‘Di ko kayang ika’y malimutan
Pagkat sa isipa’y tangi kang laman.

Araw gabi’y larawan mo’y tinititigan
Umaasang pag-ibig mo’y makamtan.
Gabi-gabi kitang napapanaginipan.
Ako sayo’y tunay ang nararamdaman.

Kaya ngayon ako’y napapaisip,
‘Di maitatwang ika’y tunay na iniibig.
Kailangan kita sa buhay ko.
Pagkat ako’y baliw sayo!

Just disregard any grammatical error. I am not that good with the Filipino language. I can't even remember the key concepts of "Bararilang Filipino"(Filipino Grammar).

0 comments:

Post a Comment